}

Monday, November 22, 2010

More 100 Word Stories

Here's one from Aimee:





The Cliffhanger

I sat tense and sick, watching the round, jagged spike of metal thrusting up angrily into the deep blue sky.

I looked closely. Far away, at the top, I saw people strapped tightly to its smooth face.

They hung there, faces twisted with terror.

Suddenly, with one great blast they plunged, down and down, so fast my eyes couldn't keep up then stopped abruptly before shooting back up like a screaming rocket.

Down again.

And up.

And down. They crawled off elated and sick.

I watched them stagger off the ride and it was my turn to join the queue.


by Aimee


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic story, I know the feeling of being on the cliff hanger :-/

    ReplyDelete